Safaris and Tours tailor made to your requirements
(reference ;Wozani TT204)
1. Our first stop is at District Six, the ghost town of apartheid where 60 000 people were forcibly removed and resettled on the Cape Flats from 1966 onwards. We will also visit the District Six Museum.
2. We then travel to Langa -meaning "Sun", where we will visit the Guga Stebe Cultural Centre where the struggle against apartheid is portrait. Here we will also visit an up-market shebeen (tavern) and hopefully see a Sangoma (traditional healer) Option; A 1 hour walking trail through Langa with a local guide at Tsoga (wake up) Environmental Centre.
3. We will drive through to another township called Gugulethu (Our Pride) and visit the Sivuyile College where African art can be viewed and also the Uncedo (Help) Pottery Project. Option; Visit the Ubuntu Centre with the Sincibi (We Can) Centre for the disabled where disabled people are trained in various crafts.
4. Next stop is at the business premises of a very successful funeral director.
5. We will then have lunch at the home of Mr. Belford Ntlantsana, another very successful businessman.
6. From here we proceed to Khayelitsha (Our New Home) and on route we stop at a shanty shebeen (Nomzamo Tavern) of Mr.Linbela Lubambo. Drinks will be to your own account.
7. We will stop at some informal shops on the way to Zenzele (Do it for yourself) Training & Development Centre. Here people are being trained in sewing, woodwork, welding and cultural tourism.
8. We proceed to Lookout Hill with a 360 degree view of the Cape Flats and then to the Khayelitsha Craft Market.
9. Our last stop is at the home of a Xhosa farmer who farms with approx.100 head of cattle and over 100 goats and sheep on the edges of the township. We will have tea with the family and go and view their livestock.
You then have the option for the evening of visiting an African nightclub , Mamma Africa in town for return to Gugulethu and have a traditional South African Barbeque and listen to African Jazz while enjoying your meat with African Mealie (maize) meal and sauce. This will be extra and costs you R 100.00 pp
R1650 p .p (min. 2 pax) R995 p .p (min. 4 pax) Excluding lunch.FOR CURRENCY CONVERTOR-CLICK HERE
ROCK ART SAFARIS / FOSSIL TOURS / KAROO WONDER SAFARIS / FLOWER POWER TOURS / GARDEN ROUTE TOURS / BIRDING SAFARIS / FARM TOURS / NAMIBIA SAFARIS / WHITE SHARK ADVENTURES / SCUBA DIVING ADVENTURES / BUSHMANLAND-RICHTERSVELD ADVENTURE / FISHING SAFARIS / TROUT FISHING ADVENTURES / HUNTING SAFARIS / WHALE ROUTE TOURS / GOLFING SAFARIS / WEST COAST TOURS / BIG FIVE SAFARIS / KALAHARI SAFARIS / BOTSWANA SAFARIS / SELF DRIVE SAFARIS AND TOURS / WING SHOOTING SAFARIS / THE ORIGIN OF MANKIND FOSSIL TOURS / ROBBEN ISLAND TOURS / CAPE PENINSULA SCENIC TOURS / PRIVATE EXECUTIVE TOURS / NIGHT TOURS / WINE ROUTE TOURS / FRUIT ROUTE TOURS / TABLE MOUNTAIN TOURS / EAST AFRICA SAFARIS
End of township tours south africa
End township tours